Thursday, January 8, 2015

Who's Your Top 5?

So I'm sure you've seen the trailers of Chris Rock's movie Top Five. If you haven't, you can check it out here.  Before I even think about going to the movies I have to look it up on my Flixster app just to see if the movie is actually worth seeing. According to my app, this movie had high ratings so I had to see what all the critics were raving about. Rock wrote and directed the movie and after watching it I would have to say he didn't do a bad job. Even though there were some wildly inappropriate scenes, I do think the story line and plot were thoroughly established. I will say that I believe Chris Rock channels most of his jokes towards the middle-aged and elderly. He honestly isn't that funny to me unless he's cursing which falls very short of a compliment for a comedian. I also don't understand why the movie was titled Top Five. If I remember correctly, there were only two scenes in the entire movie that discussed a selection of likely artist. But since Rock started the conversation, it's only right for me to jump in. So here's my top 5. As for rap, my top five artist would have to be Drake, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Tupac, and J. Cole in that order! As for a sixth, it would probably be somewhere between Andre 3000, Eminem, Meek Mill and Big Sean. But let's be clear.  My overall top five would have to be Drake, Beyoncé, Usher, Jhené Aiko, and Nicki Minaj (SN: I learned all of the lyrics to Drake's Headline 45 minutes after it was leaked). This means that I would still buy their album even if I could get it for free somewhere or no matter which one of their songs you play for me I'm going to either like it instantly or eventually. Either way I'm going to love it.  Now I'm asking you! COMMENT BELOW and tell me who your top 5 artist are and if you haven't already, go check out Chris Rock's new movie Top Five in theaters now and tell me what you think about it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My top five artist would have to be Lil Wayne, Meek Mill, Rick Ross, Kevin Gates, and Young Jeezy. Btw hey love :)

Unknown said...

My top 5 is Lil Wayne, Drake, T.I, Meek Mills and Rick Ross. I'm starting to feel J Cole a lil too.

Unknown said...

My top five would have to be queen bey, Drake, Wayne,Nikki, and Kevin Gates just from what they do as artist in the music industry. As far as the movie goes not quite interested Chris Rock is not my fav, as you stated he's more for a different crowd.

Unknown said...

My Top 5 is Andre 3000, old Wayne, Kendrick, Ross and Gucci and my 6th man is J.Cole and Drake

Quin said...

My top 5 are Beyoncé, Trey Songz, Drake, J. Cole, and Tyra Banks!