Wednesday, January 14, 2015

XXl

So, today makes an entire month of me being 21. I can't lie, being 21 feels great. No "x" marks on my hand in the club, I'm able to rent a car on my own, and just feeling like a real adult. To the left is a picture of the first person who asked me for my ID to order a drink (Berry Mango Daiquiri) and to the right is the first 
Barefoot Red Mascato
bottle of wine I ever bought for myself. (I take pictures of everything these days). I'm not much of a drinker, but I do like
Red Lobster
wine. Oh and I also had a drink from the Sugar Factory on South Beach which was really good. The drink was like $40, but I'd say it was worth it. Anyway, I just want to reiterate that 21 feels great. When I was 16 I thought turning 18 was going to feel like this but it's not even close. Honestly, nothing in my life has changed. It's just a feeling I have. I don't know if it's only me, but I wake up with a tingling feeling inside. It might be all in my head, but I feel like this is my year to accomplish so much. I finally feel like I have the freedom to do eveything I've always wanted to do. The most reassuring feeling is knowing you've made the right decisions towards bettering yourself. Finally, college is starting to make sense. lol I don't exactly know what is in store for me, but I'm taking advantage of all the opportunities sent my way.  Excitingly enough I created a list of things I want to do while in my 21st year.



  1. Travel to four different places I've never been 
    Sugar Factory on South Beach. Pictured is the Lollipop Passion drink
  2. Launch my YouTube channel
  3. Meet Beyonce, Drake or J.Cole
  4. Go to a Miami club
  5. Water-ski
  6. Intern at a radio station
  7. Celebrate my 21st 1/2 birthday
  8. Get fit (mind, body, and soul)
  9. Take a yoga class
  10. Ride in an airplane
  11. Paint a canvas
  12. Take a cruise to Jamaica
  13. Learn more about photography
  14. Go horseback riding
  15. Get my first tattoo (BIG maybe)
  16. Wine tasting
  17. Skydiving (indoor)
  18. Host a showcase
  19. See snow
  20. Road-trip with my girlfriends
  21. Inspire someone through my blog
I know I probably won't get to do everything on the list, but I at least want to do 10 of them. If you know of any more exciting things I could try or anything you plan on doing/did for your 21st, let me know. Also, if you know any good deals on anything I listed, don't be stingy. Let a sista know lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh....don't make me feel like such a baby I have a few more months to go not as thrilled yet but the closer it gets maybe I will be. But I plan on doing a few of those things with you.......so don't forget to let me know. Preferably 1,4,5,8,9,12,14,16,17,19 and definitely 20!

Khe said...

You already accomplished #21 with me! Love this!