Thursday, January 29, 2015

Face it!!

Let's talk about facials

Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask
      Oh how I love for my face to feel smooth and clean! After a long day of classes, meetings, and socializing I like to partake in a light pampering of my face, nails and feet. I'll create a later post on the steps I take to relax, but for now I'm going to focus on facials. So far, the only facial masks I've used are ones from the Freeman Feeling Beautiful collection. I've tried at least five of them and I must admit all of them are good. My favorite two so far are the Dead Sea Minerals facial anti-stress mask and the Cucumber facial peel off mask. I like the Dead Sea Minerals facial because 1) I love the color blue, and 2) it really opens up my pores and doesn't make my face feel tight. 

      If you like knowing exactly when to take your mask off, you may prefer to do the peel off mask. I like the Cucumber peel off mask, because it smells good and I think it's fun to peel the mask off when it dries. Be cautious not to apply the mask too close to close to your eyebrows because you could run the risk of plucking a few hairs (also try to avoid lips and eyelids). If you peel the mask off and look at it, you will probably be able to see the dirt on your face in the mask. Sounds cool, right? It also gives my face a fresh feel. Now if you like more of a homemade feel to your mask you might like the charcoal and black sugar polishing mask a little better. The texture of this mask is much different from the wash and peel off mask in that it feels more like an exfoliating mask scrub. It actually didn't feel like a mask, more like facial wash. Because of it's impressive qualities, this mask was voted Best of Beauty by allure in 2013. 

Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask

      These mask come in small pouches  which are considered travel size (pictured below) or they come in 6 oz tubes. I bought the trevel size mask for about $0.97 at Walmart, but I think I caught them on a rollback sale, so they may be somewhere around $1.99 now. However, the tube prices differ from store to store, but should still be no more than $5. If you're wondering about the size, one travel size facial is more than enough for one face.  Eventually I will invest in a tube, but for now I typically get the smaller pouches because I like having a variety to choose from. I've also tried the Avocado & Oatmeal and Mint & Lemon clay mask. They were also really good. I try to give myself a facial at least once a week, but how often you give yourself a facial should depend on your skin type. For instance, I wouldn't use the Charcoal and Black Sugar mask every week because my skin doesn't respond well to too much exfoliation. 

    I haven't completely finished Freeman's entire line of facials, but I do plan on doing so. I have other Freeman products that I like and will mention them in a later post. Well that's all I have. If you recommend any other facials or you've tried these let me know what you think. 


The Prep

Start with a clean face
Apply mask and let is sit for about 5-10 minutes
Peel or wash the mask off
Easy as 1-2-3!

Enjoy your new face!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a mask on now which made me respond to this blog so far so good I have not peeled it off yet but I have the saphora mask it comes In a pack and already in a form of a face you just put it on and let it sit